Biology Worksheet Coursework Example

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Category:
Biology
Level:
PhD
Type:
GCSE
Pages:
4
Words:
1175
University of Phoenix Material Cell Biology Worksheet Part I: Foundations of Cell Biology Respond to the prompts in the tables below. Each response should be at least 30 words. Cite any references that you use. Foundations of Chemistry in Biology Prompt Your response Describe an example of a chemical reaction that occurs in the body. An example of a chemical reaction that takes place in our body is digestion.The digestion process involves chemical breakdown of food substance into simple molecules through the help of digestive enzymes found in the gut. Plant Cells Prompt Your response Describe the primary structures in plant cells. Cell wall: It is made up of dead cells and is located outside the plasma protein.Golgi bodies control the synthesis of the cell wall. Protoplasm: It constitutes 90% water while organic and inorganic materials share the remaining 10%.It is made up of a semi-fluid that is elastic and colorless (Alberts et al.,2013). Cell membrane: A thin film like layer that protects the cell.It is made up of lipids protein and polysaccharides. Explain the role of each structure in plant cells. Cell wall Offers mechanical support to the cell and gives it a definite shape. Protoplasm: Communicates with neighboring protoplast through small openings known as plasmodesmata. Cell membrane Regulates entry and exit of materials in and out of the cell.Allows food subtances get in while allowing nitrogenous waste to leave the cell. Explain how plant cells make energy for cellular processes. Plant cells produce energy by use of chloroplasts that serves as energy factories by combining solar energy , water, and Carbon iv oxide through the process of photosynthesis to produce sugars. Animal Cells Prompt Your response Describe the primary structures in animal cells. Cell membrane: It has a mosaic model and is semi-permeable allowing only small particles to pass through.It is also made up of polar and non-polar heads. Cytoplasm: It is the fluid that ...
Looking for professional Coursework writing help?
Entrust your assignment to qualified writers!
Related samples
360 Degree Record Deals Coursework Example

Student’s Name: Professor’s Name: Course: Date: 360 Degree Record Deals Since its formation, 360 record deals have emerged among the top in the music industry. Basically, it provides financial and supports the artist in marketing, touring, promotion and other advances. In that context, the artist agrees to give a percentage of the income of their…

Read more
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
A Case Of A Patient With Hypertension Coursework Example

A Case of a Patient with Hypertension Student’s Name Institutional Affiliation A Case of a Patient with Hypertension Background Information on the Patient This case is about a patient that was diagnosed with stage one hypertension during my practicum at Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. In this case, Tim will substitute the patient’s actual name for…

Read more
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
A contract is an arrangement Coursework Example

Name Instructor Course Date Contract A contract is an arrangement between two or more parties. All the parties to the contract are obligated to perform as per the agreement. In law, the agreement is enforceable upon default of either party (David et al 32). Failure to fulfill the obligations set for the parties, lead to…

Read more
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
To top Up